Animal Samaritans, the area’s largest animal welfare organization, is looking for a Part-time Grant Writer. The Grant Writer position for Animal Samaritans supports the cultivation of charitable grants/gifts/support from foundations and grantors, primarily through the research, writing, and submission of grant proposals and reports as assigned.
GRANT WRITER POSITION REPONSIBILITIES:
- Research and identify prospective corporate and foundation donors for grant solicitation.
- Write accurate, comprehensive, and compelling grant proposals and letter of inquiry letters that conform to all requirements set forth by various funding guidelines, including: re-creating editable forms, assembling financial documents, creating program budgets, etc.
- Manage the preparation, submission, and tracking of assigned grant proposals, observing Grants Office procedures for tracking grant research, solicitation, and progress in a database.
- Cultivate relationships with corporate and foundation donors.
- Maintain hardcopy and computer database records of all grants submitted and received.
- Work with program directors to prepare all related grantor outcome reports.
- Track deadlines regarding grant applications, renewals, letters of inquiry and reports.
- Produce documents and correspondence necessary for effective grants management.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution or an equivalent education and experience.
- Solid team player able to collaborate on projects.
- Demonstrates the necessary attitudes, knowledge and skills to deliver competent services and work effectively in cross-cultural situations.
- 3+ years of successful grant, contracts or comparable writing experience.
- Knowledge of or experience in nonprofit organizations and services.
- Demonstrated researching and writing skills.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and planning skills.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple deadlines efficiently.
- Solid team player able to work well collaboratively on projects under pressure.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite including; MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint other desktop publishing, and database software applications experience in Results Plus and Wealth Engine highly desirable. MS Office Suite.
- Demonstrates the necessary attitudes, knowledge and skills to deliver culturally competent services and work effectively in cross-cultural situations.