why support us
what we do
board of directors
Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
Job Title: Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
Location: Thousand Palms, CA
Salary Range: DOE
Full Time or Part Time: Full-time or Part-time
- Provide daily, primary veterinarian services for small animals (dogs and cats) commensurate with the State of California and State Humane Association of California guidelines. Responsibilities include performing medical examinations, diagnostics, veterinary medicine procedures, testing and surgeries.
- Communicate effectively and clearly while providing pet ownership counseling and explaining veterinary medical procedures to clients.
- Supervise and guide veterinary clinical technicians and staff in the rendering of veterinary medical procedures and surgeries.
- Keep accurate and complete records of medical care rendered to animals in compliance with State of California record keeping and reporting requirement. Adhere and preserve the confidentiality of records and information.
Education: Must possess a California license to practice veterinary medicine, a DEA license or the ability to obtain one, and APHIS certification. Newly graduating DMVs encouraged to apply.
Licensing: A DEA license or the ability to obtain one, and APHIS certification.
- Working knowledge of veterinary clinic procedures and practices
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Team player: Our ideal candidate will be committed to partnering with our great support staff to provide exceptional veterinary services.
Working knowledge of computers, preferably knowledge MS Office suite. Knowledge of ImproMed Software a plus
Animal Samaritan offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental and Visions options
- Retirement Plan – Simple IRA with discretionary match
- Paid time off including; holidays, vacation, sick and personal days
- Discount on veterinary services
- Employee recognition awards
- Payment of Veterinary license and AVA license renewal fee
- Omissions & errors insurance (general liability coverage)
- Stipend for conference training
How to Apply:
Interested candidates please contact Bill Rielly, Human Resources Specialist, 760-601-3758. Email CV / Resume to: email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We know you have many choices when it comes to how to invest your philanthropic dollars, and Animal Samaritans takes seriously the stewardship of your investment in us.
The Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau recommends that nonprofits not spend more than 35 cents on the dollar of its budget on administration and fundraising.
At Animal Samaritans that number is, year over year, close to 10 cents on the dollar. That means the other 90 cents goes to our mission and our services.
That’s just one of the reasons that Animal Samaritans, for more than 4 decades, has been among Southern California’s most trusted animal welfare organizations.
pets. not profits
At our state-of-the-art veterinary clinics, we’re there to provide your animals with the highest quality care, not to make a profit.
Because of your support, we are expanding this mission to broader and more diverse communities.
12,000 Animals saved!
Our Adoption Alliance Rescue Program has saved the lives of more than 12,000 animals. And we’re just getting started. We work with the local shelters to place animals they do not have the resources or staff to handle. Thanks to donations like yours, we do!
72307 Ramon Rd
Thousand Palms, CA