why support us
what we do
board of directors
Job Title: Registered Veterinary Technician
Location: Thousand Palms or Indio, California
Salary Range: DOE
Full Time or Part Time: Full-time or Part-time
Job Description: Animal Samaritans, an animal welfare organization committed to improving the lives of animals and people, is looking for a dedicated Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT) to join our staff.
Our Registered Veterinary Technician performs a wide range of duties including; Job duties include exam room duties, dental prophylaxis, anesthetic monitoring, hospitalized patient care, collecting and processing laboratory samples, surgery prep, x-rays, laser treatments, telephone skills, client contact, computer literacy, and more.
An ideal candidate will exemplify our guiding principles of Quality, Integrity, Compassion, and Service. They will have strong communication skills, an energetic attitude, empathy, and enthusiasm for helping clients and patients alike. They will excel at collaborating with their co-workers, our referring veterinarians, and our clients.
- Minimum 2 years direct experience as a veterinary technician (experience in emergency or specialty medicine is a plus)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as mental reasoning and mathematics skills
- Willingness to learn, be guided, and pursue continuing education opportunities
- Ability to be confident around animals, showing proper safety and restraint techniques
- Understand that patient needs, and work volume may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job. This position may require an early start time and/or working weekends (Saturdays).
- Possess sufficient ambulatory skills in order to perform duties while in the hospital including the ability to manipulate (lift, carry, move) 40 lbs. or more; walk, stoop, kneel, and crouch intermittently, and stand for long periods of time.
Required license or certification:
- Registered Veterinary Technician or candidate to be certified.
- High school or equivalent
- Veterinary Technician Program
- Veterinary Technician: 2 year
Animal Samaritan offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental and Visions options
- Retirement Plan – 401K Plan with match
- Paid time off including; holidays, paid time off (PTO) and sick days
- Discount on veterinary services
- Employee recognition awards
How to Apply:
Interested candidates please contact Bill Rielly, Human Resources Specialist, 760-601-3758. Email CV / Resume to: email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Make a donation today
We know you have many choices when it comes to how to invest your philanthropic dollars, and Animal Samaritans takes seriously the stewardship of your investment in us.
The Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau recommends that nonprofits not spend more than 35 cents on the dollar of its budget on administration and fundraising.
At Animal Samaritans that number is, year over year, close to 10 cents on the dollar. That means the other 90 cents goes to our mission and our services.
That’s just one of the reasons that Animal Samaritans, for more than 4 decades, has been among Southern California’s most trusted animal welfare organizations.
pets. not profits
At our state-of-the-art veterinary clinics, we’re there to provide your animals with the highest quality care, not to make a profit.
Because of your support, we are expanding this mission to broader and more diverse communities.
12,000 Animals saved!
Our Adoption Alliance Rescue Program has saved the lives of more than 12,000 animals. And we’re just getting started. We work with the local shelters to place animals they do not have the resources or staff to handle. Thanks to donations like yours, we do!
72307 Ramon Rd
Thousand Palms, CA