PET WELLNESS EXAMS
Pet Wellness Exams are key to preventing health problems before they start. During your pet’s exam, an Animal Samaritans vet will ask questions about his/her behavior, eating habits, and current routines. The vet will also perform a hands-on physical assessment of your animal. He will then make the appropriate nutritional and health care recommendations for your animal.
Inquire about our Healthy Puppy and Kitten packages!
Exams cost $56.34 and MUST be scheduled in advance. Exams generally take between 15 and 40 minutes. Depending on the age, breed and medical history of your pet, Animal Samaritans can perform a variety of diagnostic tests and procedures to ensure your best friend receives the attention he/she deserves.
Additional services offered following a pet exam include:
- Blood work tests to check for pathogens and the proper functioning of organs.
- X-rays to detect tumors, organ, or skeletal problems.
- Fecal Tests, done to check for internal parasites.
- Urinalysis that will look for signs of kidney disease.
- Thyroid Tests can monitor hormone levels.
- Vaccinations – older pets need them too.
- Dietary changes that account for the age, breed and medical history of your pet.
- Dental Care. Poor dental health can shorten your pet’s life, and leads to bad breath, loss of teeth, gum disease and more serious illness if left untreated.